Wednesday 7 December 2011

Newspaper Advertisement Production


 
Also, as a class we looked at a website called http://www.4creative.co.uk/flash/#/print/press_and_poster/, which gave us images of professional print adverts on the channel 4 website called '4Creative' of successful programmes such as Glee, Shameless and Documentaries such as Britain's Forgotten Children and Indian Winter.






These images show the production of our print advert and the ideas we went through experimenting to reach the main image we were looking for...











 


These images are screengrabs from the editing process of the Print Advert...



 
At this stage after taking the photograph and uploading the image into Adobe Photoshop, I began to create the print advert. I started with editting the redness of the eyes as when I was taking the pictures trying to make the models eyes red was virtually impossible as it just tended to make them more watery than red. As we tried rubbing the eyes but that hurt their eyes and made their eyesight blurry so they had trouble focussing at the lens of the camera removing the direct address to the audience. We also tried using an onion but again it just made the eyes water rether than turn red. And so came the editting, I drew around the eyes with the 'lasso tool' then selected image, adjustments, colour balance which gave me a window with scales where I could adjust the redness of the selected section. Which helped me achieve the redness of the eyes that I had in mind for the advert.



I then zoomed into each eye and in turn cloned each vein in the eye with the 'clone tool' and making the eye look even more tired by creating a stressed look with the amount of extra blood vessels present in the eye. I found that this helped create the eye to look even more tired, which was my main goal.

 


After that, I used the 'paint brush tool', set it at a size of 246mm and at an opacity of 9% to create dark circles around the eye; which again helped to create that tired, stressed look of th eyes we were hoping for.


 


This is a screen shot of how the eyes looked after the touch-up process.



 

After that, I now had to include the Channel 4 logo onto our Print Advert, which came to be a simple task made very difficult. Firsty, I tried using the 'background eraser tool' which was fast and simple with the click of a mouse but then I noticed that part of the logo had been earsed too which created a problem.





But I then used the 'Polygonal lasso tool' which meant I had to cut around the whole logo including the extra white parts that had been includied in the background of the original making of the logo, which took up a little extra time but with a patience it was still completed and put into the final production of the Print Advert.


 

I then simply dragged the cut out image across and onto the Print Advert and positioned the logo in the bottom right-hand corner, following the codes and conventions of a Channel 4 Print Advert.




This is now halfway through the production of the Print Advert, this image shows the creation of the text that is featured on out advert. By using the 'text tool' I created a text box to include the words; '40 Winks' another to iclude the slogan; 'HAD A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP?' and a final to include the words for the scheduling; 'Wednesday, 8.30pm, Channel 4'. In a white font called Myriad Pro. The images below show the other writing being made and the black boxes behind the font using the 'rectangle tool', following the ocdes and conventions of a Channel 4 Print Advert.




 


This shows the finsihed Print advert, including the slogan ' HAD A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP?'.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment